The health of a fleet is based on the ability for the assets to report regularly to the IntelliShift Platform and capture the subscribed data along with it. What tools are available to the users the can empower them the ability to keep track on assets that may no longer be reporting?
IntelliShift offers many Alerts and Reports for its users to get the ability to track the health of their fleet with regards to data being reported to IntelliShift.
- Silent Passenger Dashboard - The Silent Passenger Dashboard provides users with the ability to have a homepage dashboard, displaying metrics within their fleet. Within the dashboard you will find a Chart of the percentage of the fleet that is and is not reporting to the IntelliShift over the last 7 days. As well, from a utilization perspective there is another graph that provides the ability to see of the assets that are reporting how well they are being utilized as well. (Click Here for more Information)
- Non-Responsive Units Report - This provides the ability for users to determine a time period(days) that an asset has been not reporting to the IntelliShift platform. This report can be run at any time through IntelliShift's On Demand Report or through Scheduled Email Reports. This report will help ensure that users, can stay informed on any assets that are not reporting, to determine a quick glance in to assets that need to be looked in to further as to why they are not reporting. (Click Here for more Information)
- No Movement Report - This report provides the user the ability to see assets that have not moved within a certain amount of time(days). This report will help organizations identify what assets are not being utilized, or not able to capture motion due to a technical issue. (Click Here for more Information)
- Events Report - This report provides a detailed view in to how an asset is reporting to the IntelliShift platform. The Events Report provides the ability to see Ignition, Motion, Accessory, and other Sensor events. As well, the Events Report can be utilized to see health information on an asset such as Main Power Removed, Main Power Applied, Loss of GPS, GPS Signal Reacquired, Low Battery Voltage from the asset and many other events as well. (Click Here for more Information)
- Vehicle Event Alert - This Alert can provide a real-time notification via email and text message to inform users when a gateway loses power, gains power, experiences low battery voltage and gets towed. This can help organizations understand which asset may not be reporting as expected, because the gateway has no or limited power supplied to it.
Questions and Answer Section:
Q: What is considered an Asset Reporting to IntelliShift?
A: All of IntelliShift's hardware provides the ability for the gateways to report daily to the platform, regardless if the asset is being utilized or not. As long as the gateway has power, and a method available to transmit IntelliShift will receive a Daily Health Event. This just means that the asset is in good communication with the platform
Q: What are some reasons that an asset would go Non-Responsive, and not be able to communicate to the IntelliShift platform?
A: In order for the IntelliShift hardware to work as expected(VG-3,VG-5,VG-6), a gateway must be supplied with 12-24v of power. If the asset is supplying the gateway with less then 6v of power, the asset will experience Power Loss events within the IntelliShift platform. When the asset experiences Loss of Power, the device will report for up to 90 minutes on its internal backup battery before the unit, after the 90 minutes is up the device will no longer report to the IntelliShift platform until power is re-supplied.
A: An Asset can go Non-Responsive, when it is operating in an area of poor/no cellular coverage. This is usually temporary but the time for recovery is determined on how long an asset is staying within the area of cellular coverage. The hardware will continually retry every 90 seconds to gain a cellular signal.
**Note: If an asset loses cellular coverage, the device will store the information locally, and transmit the information back to the IntelliShift platform as soon as it becomes available.