Creating a Landmark
- From the Top Menu, Click Tools
- From within the Tools Menu click “Add Landmarks”
- Type in an address in the “enter a location” field
- Google is used to help you locate the most prevalent location.
- Once your address has been chosen, a Blue Pin with a blue circle around it will be placed on the map.
- The Left-Hand side of the screen will contain the landmark details. Enter the following details
- Landmark Name – The name of the landmark that will be displayed within Silent Passenger when the asset arrives at the landmark.
- Account # - The unique account number associated with this location
- Branch – If you want to have the landmark limited for a particular branch of assets.
- Category – A grouping of landmarks. This can be used for displaying the category on the map or used in reporting.
- Radius – How Large of an area the landmark should cover. The Landmark is defaulted at 50 ft, but can be increased to a size of 1000 ft. The goal of this is to make the radius cover the area without an excess area covered.
- Notes – Any additional notes regarding the Landmark.
- Once all of the information has been entered and the landmark is in the correct area, click Finish.
Useful Tips and Information
- Mouse over the Landmark pin on the map left click with your mouse and drag the pin in to the area that covers the most appropriate area.
- Click Show Current Vehicle locations to display the location of your vehicles on the map.
- Use the Mouse Icon to the Right “Enter a Location” to be able to place a pin drop on the map where you want to landmark created.