Creating a Geofence
- From the Top Menu, Click Tools
- From within the Tools Menu click “Add Geofences”
- From within the Geofence creation screen, you will have a menu on the left-hand side.
- Click New Geofence
- Enter the Geofence Name, Category, and Notes.
- Click Create
- From within the Top Left corner of the map, the user will have the ability to choose 3 Options of Geofence Shapes
- Circle – A circle, which can be drawn on the map, or defined by a center address. You can then specify how large of a geofence in Feet or Miles from that center location.
- Rectangle – The rectangle is a geofence that can be drawn on the map, in which the user can customize the Length and Width of the rectangle.
- Polygon – A custom shape, which the user creates by clicking the points on the map. This allows the user to be very precise with the location of the geofence.
- Once the shape of the Geofence has been built, click Save.
Useful Information and Tools
- Settings – Within Settings, a user can change the name of the Geofence, or to the right of the name the user can adjust the Color of the Geofence.
- Delete – Allows the Geofence that has been created to be removed from Silent Passenger.
- Displayed Landmarks – Landmarks can be displayed on the map to provide the user with the ability to have reference points on creating a geofence for a specific zone.
- Displayed Geofences – Being able to display other categories of geofences helps assure the user that there is no overlap when it comes to creating particular geofences when the locations are close together.
- Show Current Vehicle Locations – When showing Current vehicle locations, it will assist the user to create a geofence around particular work areas where their assets may be operating.
Please sign in to leave a comment.