Alerts provide the ability to receive real-time notifications when certain events are triggered within the platform. Please read below to see the description of the Alerts that Silent Passenger offers.
- Any Movement - Notification sent when the asset reports any movement within the select days and time.
- Driver License Expiration - Notification that the license of one of your drivers will expire.
- Extended Stop - Notification sent when a vehicle is stopped greater than the stop threshold set. with the ability to configure this alert for Stops at Landmarks or Non-Landmarks only.
- SP Speed - Notification sent upon vehicle exceeding the posted speed limit
- Temperature - Notification sent if the temperature of the box gets too warm or cold for a defined number of minutes.
- Garmin Message - Notification that a vehicle has sent a message. This allows the user to respond back to the operator.
- Engine Idle - Notification if a vehicle is idling for a greater time than the defined threshold.
- First Movement - Notification sent when the vehicle reports its first movement of a calendar day.
- Geofence - Notification sent when a vehicle enters, exits, or drives within a selected Geofence.
- Event - Notification sent when power is supplied, power is lost, ignition is on or off, the asset is being towed, Hard Breaking, Rapid Acceleration, Harsh Turning, Potential Collision, as well as Low Power.
- Main Power Removed - The hardware is seeing less than 7 volts for greater than 60 seconds
- Low Power - The hardware is seeing less than 10.8 volts from the asset. the device will check in daily to the Intellishift platform
- Landmark - Notification sent when a vehicle arrives or departs a landmark.
- Speeding - Notification sent if a vehicle is traveling greater then the speed threshold for the defined duration.
- Engine Diagnostics - Notification sent when a Check Engine Light comes on. Alert will include the code that was triggered, with a clear description of the issue.
- I/O Use - A notification that the I/O has been engaged for more than a defined threshold, engaged while in motion, or engaged outside the designated landmarks.
- I/O Event - Notification sent when a specified I/O is turned On and Off.
- SeatBelt Monitoring - A real-time notification when their operators are operating an asset without wearing a seatbelt. These users within the alert will be able to configure the Speed at which this alert will trigger(5MPH minimum) as well as the duration at which an alert will be retriggered after an asset stops and then moves again without a seatbelt being utilized(5 minutes minimum)
Creating an Alert
Alerts created are User-based alerts, which means other users will not be able to edit or delete the alerts that have been created.
- From within the Silent Passenger Application of IntelliShift, click Alerts on the Top Bar.
- From the Alerts menu click Manage
- The screen will display the list of alerts that are configured by your user.
- Status - displays if the alert is active(Orange checkmark) or not(Gray Checkmark). If an alert is marked as inactive, no notifications will be sent.
- Alert Name - A user-defined value to describe the alert function.
- Alert Type - The actual alert(From the above list) that is configured.
- Edit will allow the user to make modifications to the alert
- What Assets, Branches or Operators trigger the alerts
- What the defined schedule is set for when alerts should be triggered.
- What parameters of the alerts are defined
- How notifications are sent.
- Delete will allow the user to permanently remove the alert.
- As well at the bottom of the page, the user will be able to click Create Alert which will allow them to build a new alert.
Alert Logs provide the user with the ability to see the alerts that have been sent over the given threshold. With the appropriate permissions, the user will be able to see the alerts that have been sent to the other users within their organization.