IntelliShift's Routing module is a circular based routing module that allows users to optimize their routes to ensure that they are being completed in the most efficient order. As well, with the ability to track the completion of the route it provides users of IntelliShift with an understanding of the operator's progress throughout the day.
Creating a Route
- Log into IntelliShift.
- From the left menu click Garmin Integration.
- From within the Garmin Integration screen, click Garmin Routing from the Top Menu.
- From within the Garmin Routing Page, expand the branches to display the assets.
- Select the Asset to create the route for.
- Below the list of assets select click "Create New Route"
- Enter the following details
- Route Name - The name of the route to be identified within IntelliShift.
- Route Date - The date that the route will begin.
- Route Origin - The starting location of the route.
- Round Trip - By selecting Round Trip, the operator's starting location will as well be the ending location. If this is not selected the user will have to select the ending location for the operator.
- Select Create
Uploading Unassigned Stops
There are many ways that unassigned stops can be added to IntelliShift's Garmin Routing Module
- Uploading from Manage Landmarks - Uploading from manage landmarks allows the user to add a list of landmarks to the Garmin Routing Page to have them assigned to the route.
- Uploading From Excel File - Users can fill out an excel template to upload stops to the Garmin Routing page so stops can be assigned to the route. See attached Excel Template
- Manually Adding Stops - Within the Garmin routing page, users can click "Add an Unassigned Stop". This will provide the user with the ability to enter in a landmark name, as well as a new address as an unassigned stop.
- Using SP Connect - SP Connect is a set of API calls that offers the ability to push and pull data from within IntelliShift. there are specific methods that can allow 3rd party systems to assign routes to IntelliShift.
Assigning Stops to the Route
Once the Unassigned Stops have been added to the Route, it is now time for the Stops to be assigned to the route in order for them to be optimized.
- Either create a new Route as described above or click Route History to assign stops to an existing created route.
- Once the Route is selected, you will see an orange circle on the map, representing the origin and orange flags representing unassigned stops.
- To assign the stops users have the ability to click the flags on the map, or below the map contains the full list of unassigned stops. Select the stops from the list below and click Assign to Active Route.
Managing the Route
Users can manage the route to control the order of the stops, print out the route manifest, Optimize the Route and Send / Schedule the route.
- Open the route
- On the Top Left under the Route Information click Details
Once within the Route Details page, the users will be provided with options to control the route
- Print - This will allow the current route to be printed.
- Export - Exporting will export the route manifest to an excel file.
- Send Now / Schedule - Send Now appears when the Route Date is set to Today. Schedule will appear when the Route Date is for a date in the future. This will queue up the Route to be sent to the asset.
- Reserve - Reverse will take the stops, and reverse the order on them, as this can assist with handling directional traffic patterns.
- Optimize - Optimize allows the user to take the list of stops, and have them organized in a circular route fashion to prevent the operator from zig-zagging throughout the route.
- Edit - The Edit function allows the user to control the Route Date and the Assignment to the asset for the route.
- Save - Save will append the changes to the route.