IntelliShift VG-6 Installation Guide with Door Sensor
Installation of your new device should be performed by a 12V certified technician or mechanic familiar with automotive 12V systems.
- Red (for Open Loop, connect to IO3 Pin5) or
- Green (for Closed Loop, connect to IO3 Pin 5)
- Black (Ground, connect to Pin 1)
- For a successful installation, you will need to provide a roll of 18-gauge wire, Wire loom, heat shrink butt connectors, clear silicone, mounting zip ties and hardware at your disposal.
- For Roll-up doors, we’ll use the Green wire on the door sensor. For Swing Style doors, we’ll use the Red wire. On the door itself, we’ll bolt in our Magnet. The sensor will be bolted to the body of the vehicle. Run these wires through a concealed channel if possible, if not, please use Mounting Zip Ties and run along the top corner of the nearest wall toward the cab. Continue to run the wire through the body, outside and follow existing harnesses until you can enter the cab of the vehicle and ultimately our device.
- If you are wiring multiple doors, please wire them in series, one after the other in a single line.
- Once finished, test the Continuity to ensure the door sensor is properly working. If you aren’t getting a reading from your tester, please check your connections. Once you verify that the door sensor works properly and is connected to the GNX6 device, we can confirm on our end via events report.
- *Our older style Track Mount door sensor will only work on Roll Up style doors. Install is the same as the Seco-Larm, one wire to IO3 Pin 5, and the other to Ground Pin 1.
- The device should be installed under the dashboard with a clear line of sight to the sky, and as close to the windshield as possible. Place the device with barcode decal “THIS SIDE TOWARDS SKY” facing up. (Reference diagram A)
- DO NOT install the unit underneath metal as the signal will not penetrate and reach the
- During the initial installation, the vehicle should ideally be outside to ensure the best GPS signal. The devices may not report a location to the satellite if it is inside a garage or other
- Secure the device with Velcro, and/or zip ties to ensure it is solidly mounted to the
- After securing the harness within the vehicle it is now time to power up the
- With the Ignition Off, Plug in the device to the Molex
- During the boot-up process, the device will show a Solid Green light for 30 Seconds
- This represents the device powering up
- After the device has powered up the Green LED will start to Flash at the following Rates
- 25 times on-off every 10 seconds when the ignition is on
- Eight times on-off every 10 seconds when the ignition is off
- During the installation, if you see a Red LED flashing please be sure to review the section on Troubleshooting
- Before finalizing installation, contact our Hardware Verification Department at 631-670-1623 to verify the device is properly reporting to IntelliShift.
- The Green and Red LEDs are intended to aid in troubleshooting installations. Below is a summary of their behavior.
- See Installation
- The red LED flashes two-digit codes. The first digit indicates which general area is having a problem (hardware, modem, GPS, end-end service). The second digit gives specific error information. Since there can be more than one error condition, the device rotates through the error codes (e.g. if the GPS is tracking no satellites and the modem is not registered).
1-X Error Codes: VTS Specific Errors
- 1-1: The device has an expired license key due to a failure to resync with the VTS configuration server. Contact VTS with the serial number of the
- 1-2: Low supply This could be caused by a true low voltage condition (<8V) or a high impedance supply that dips in voltage when the current draw spikes due to modem transmit.
- 1-3: Allocated data usage exhausted. Contact IntelliShift Technical Support for further instructions.
2-X Error Codes: Modem Related Error Codes
- 2-1: Modem module fault. Contact VTS for failure analysis and
- 2-2: No SIM Make sure the SIM drawer contains a SIM and that it is correctly seated in the socket. If it is, then contact VTS for failure analysis and repair.
- 2-3: No Check that the cellular antenna is correctly attached. Try to substitute a known-good cellular antenna to see if the antenna may be broken. If this fixes the problem, then reinstall a new antenna. If not, then RMA the unit to VTS for failure analysis and repair.
- 2-4: Network not found. Contact IntelliShift Technical Support
- 2-5: Last data session This means that any attempt to establish a data session failed. This failure will occasionally happen in a working unit, but if the problem is persistent Contact VTS.
- 2-6: Network is not available.
3-X Error Codes: GPS Related Error Codes
- 3-1: GPS module fault: Contact VTS for failure.
- 3-2: GPS antenna fault: try replacing the GPS antenna with a known good antenna. If the condition is not corrected after 2 minutes, contact VTS for failure.
- 3-3: GPS not tracking any satellites. Check that the GPS antenna has a clear, unobstructed view of the sky and has been operating for at least five minutes. Check that the GPS antenna is facing the correct way up. If the condition persists contact VTS for failure analysis.
- 3-4: GPS no fix (less than three satellites). If the antenna only has a partial view of the sky due to the position of the vehicle (e.g. under a cover, close proximity to a building, etc.) then try to move the vehicle to ensure that it will be able to make fixes when standing in the open. If the vehicle has a full view of the sky and the error condition persists then try to reposition the GPS antenna to reduce any obstructions from its view of the sky.
- 3-5: GPS has no GPS receiver that sets its internal clock from the satellite signals. If the GPS receiver has no time, then it has never seen a single satellite since the device was last power cycled.
4-X Error Codes: End-to-End Application Error Codes
- 4-2: Data transfer failed. If the condition persists then contact IntelliShift Technical Support.
If you have any questions during installation, please contact our service department at 631-339-7171 for assistance.
Before finalizing installation, please contact our Hardware Verification Department at 631-670-1623 to have them verify the vehicle is visible in Silent Passenger and is registering properly.
Article is closed for comments.