IntelliShift R10 Reader Guide
The following is an install guide on our R10 Reader
- The IntelliShift R10 is our solution for a Smart Card reader for employees who require them to have to access their buildings and now are able to use their same Smart Card to log in their company vehicles every time they go for a drive.
- The R10 is plug and play, it will plug into the Serial Port of our VG-6 device.
- We will need to hardwire a Buzzer to the device and harness. Take the black wire from the buzzer and connect that to Pin 2 on the harness, then take the Red wire and connect that to a 12V constant power source.
- Mount the backing plate to a spot on the dash that the customer agreed upon, Then drill an approximate 1/2" hole in the middle to then feed the harness into the dash.
- Connect the R10 harness with the harness lead that'll plug into our device.
- Turn the vehicle on and wait approximately 10 seconds for the Reader to turn on, the indicator light should be red. Once you bring the Smart Card to the reader the light should turn Green to acknowledge it, flash between blue and red, and then go back to red.
If you have any questions during installation, please contact our service department at 631-339-7171 for assistance.
Before finalizing installation, please contact our Hardware Verification Department at 631-670-1623 to have them verify the vehicle is visible in Silent Passenger and is registering properly.