The IntelliShift Vehicle Gateway is designed to be easily installed by a driver or operator within 15 minutes or less. When you open the box, you’ll find the gateway device, velcro and zip ties, and the specific cables for your vehicle.
- Before you get started, make sure to associate the IMEI number with the vehicle number. This makes it easier to activate on the IntelliShift platform.
- Do the installation outside for best results with GPS signaling.
- Watch this video to walkthrough a typical installation and read the step-by-step instructions below. Note that your vehicle and cables may vary slightly from the examples shown here.
Here’s how to quickly connect the IntelliShift Vehicle Gateway device in 10 simple steps:
- With the engine OFF, locate the diagnostic port inside the vehicle. You can generally find it under the driver side kick panel or under the left side of the dashboard.
- Next, detach the port from its original location.
- The IntelliShift cables have a male and female port and a gateway connector. The female port will be identical to the vehicle’s diagnostic port.
- Connect the male port to the vehicle’s diagnostic port.
- Then, plug the vehicle connector into the gateway device. The connector will click when it’s fully inserted.
- Now you can turn on your vehicle to make sure the indicator light turns green for 30 seconds. After the device has fully powered up, the green light will start to flash. If the light flashes red, see troubleshooting.
- Once the gateway device is connected, use the Velcro to fasten it HIGH IN THE DASHBOARD, ensuring that the correct side is TOWARDS THE SKY, not obstructed by metal.
- Be sure to neatly secure any excess wiring with zip ties.
- Now take that female port and fasten it to the vehicle’s original port location.
- Before finalizing installation, contact our Hardware Verification Department 7 AM-10 PM ET, 7 days per week at 631-670-1623 to verify the device is properly reporting to the IntelliShift platform. Alternatively, administrators can complete the hardware swap with an easy self-service workflow using the Hardware Replacement page: