Fleet Maintenance Work Orders provide another way to resolve scheduled Service Tasks and Issues. There are several ways to create a Work Order if your planned work requires additional context regarding parts, labor or the handling of multiple Tasks and Issues. The first path to creating a Work Order is in the Fleet Maintenance -> Work Orders page.
A view of recently created or handled Work Orders will display with options to filter by Asset, Status or Date Reported Press “Create Work Order” to proceed and select your Asset, planned work date and Vendor or Technician.
From the Work Order record you will have options to add the following context to a Work Order:
- Labor Codes – Which impact the overall Work Order cost.
- Parts – Which will remove a part from location inventory and impact Work Order cost
- Issues – Which will resolve the selected Issue(s)
- Service Tasks – Which will complete any pending service tasks and schedule them based on task frequency
- Images & Documents – For any images or documents pertaining to the Work Order
- Notes – Free text information regarding the Work Order
Once the Work Order is in progress or completed, update the status in the top-right of the Work Order summary including the new status, date, odometer and engine hours at time of completion.
Article is closed for comments.