Installation of your new device should be performed by a 12V certified
technician or mechanic familiar with automotive 12V systems.
For vehicles with an OBDII style port (1996 or newer model years), our OBD connector is required for installation. The harness plugs directly into the vehicles OBDII port and into our device. The device can then be installed under dash as close to the windshield as possible.
For vehicles with a J-Bus style port we offer various types of plugs to suit your installation needs. The harness plugs directly into the vehicles J-Bus port and directly into our device. The device can then be installed under dash as close to the windshield as possible.
- The device should be installed under the dashboard with a clear line of sight to the sky, and as close to the windshield as possible. Place device with barcode decal facing downward. (Reference diagram A)
- DO NOT install the unit underneath metal as the signal will not penetrate and reach the
- During initial installation, the vehicle should ideally be outside to ensure the best GPS signal. The devices may not report a location to the satellite if it is inside a garage or other
- Secure the device with Velcro, and/or zip ties to ensure it is solidly mounted to the vehicle.
- After securing the harness within the vehicle it is now time to power up the
- With the Ignition Off, Plug in the device to the Molex
- During the boot up process the device will flash Orange and Green for 1 second and then go off.
- This represents the device powering up
- After 15 seconds both lights will come back.
- Solid Orange means the device has established connection with our server to report data
- Blinking Green (on/off every 1 second) means the device has current cellular connection
- Before finalizing installation, contact our Support Department at 631-339-7172 to verify the device is properly reporting to IntelliShift
Article is closed for comments.