The following is a wire guide for powered asset AT600
- Please test your Power and Ignition sources with a Multimeter / Test Light tool prior to installation to ensure you are going to the correct sources. When installing on a wire source that sees the elements, take the proper measurements to use waterproof connectors to ensure longevity of the add on the circuit you made.
- Additionally, Please make sure device is mounted in an area that is not directly underneath metal. While the device can be stashed behind a plastic panel, Metal would affect its ability to locate via GPS. Preferred Mounting points examples would be, directly on the outside of a trailer near wiring source, interior panel of an Off Road Machine with device near window, etc.)
- The provided Mounting Screws may not be sufficient if mounting to anything other than plastic. Please supply your own either self tapping screws or nuts and bolts to secure to your asset
Trailer Wire Installation
- There are 2 Power wires coming from the AT600 Harness, one is the solid Red Wire and the other is the Red/Green Wire. For Trailers with a 7-Way, we want to source 2 Constant 12V wires from the Receptacle/Wire Harness on the Trailer itself. We usually go to the Auxiliary Power Wire (mostly Blue on 7- way Trailers) and then the Running Lights Wire (mostly Brown on the 7-Way Trailers). You can wire to each of those sources. Th reason why we do this is to achieve multiple power sources to keep the AT600 charged and working properly. • If your trailer does not have 2 sources of constant power, you can wire both Red Wires to one source.
- There is only 1 wire for Ignition Sense. The Ignition Wire is solid White on the device harness. On Trailers, you can tie this wire with one of the Red Wires for Power so when the Trailer is connected to whatever is Towing it, it reports as if the Asset has Ignition On. • Failure to connect this wire could lead to False events being thrown while the Trailer is in Transit.
- There are 2 Ground wires coming from the harness. Both are solid Black on the device harness. On the Trailers with a 7-Way, the ground wire to connect to is usually White. If going to the receptacle, you can see that the White wire is bolted to the chassis.
- These are the some of the preferred locations to mount your AT600. Highlighted with a Green check mark are the locations that are best for the device. Highlighted with the Red X mark are locations that are not optimal for the device.
Before finalizing installation, contact our Support Department at 631-339-7172 to verify the device is properly reporting to IntelliShift
Article is closed for comments.